NATIONAL EARTH DAY
Each year on April 22nd, National Earth Day campaigns around the globe promote ways to save the Earth.
Since its inception, organizers promote events educating the public about a variety of subjects including:
- climate change
- air pollution
- water pollution
- renewable fuels and power
- carbon footprints
- efficient cars
- rain forests
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalEarthDay
Celebrate by engaging in Earth Day activities in your area. Ways to participate include:
- Support and use recycling programs in your community.
- Volunteer to clean up local parks and streets on clean up days.
- Support and frequent green businesses.
- Use re-usable products versus disposable.
- Repurpose items that have outworn their use.
- Shop secondhand and thrift stores for gently used items.
- Use energy-efficient appliances or line dry your clothes.
- Walk or ride your bike to work if possible.
- Carpool or make one trip instead of multiple trips for shopping.
- Encourage your favorite products to reduce packaging.
Montclair Gardens Apartments