NATIONAL READ ACROSS AMERICA DAY (DR. SEUSS DAY)
Each year, National Read Across America Day is celebrated on March 2nd, the birthday of Dr. Seuss. The annual event is part of Read Across America, an initiative on reading creative by the National Education Association. Since the event is designed to encourage reading in children and is fostered through the schools, when March 2nd lands on a weekend, the day is observed on the closest school day.
HOW TO OBSERVE #ReadAcrossAmericaDay #DrSeussDay
There are so many ways to participate in this day.
- Pick up an interesting book and read it.
- More importantly, read with a child.
- Join your library.
- Read a book you’ve been meaning to read.
- Read a book you’ve read before. You may discover that it has new meaning to you since you last read it.
- Try reading aloud, even if it is just to yourself. It will make great practice for reading to children. (Hint, hint.)
Montclair Gardens Property Manager, Brittany Sansone celebrates every year by reading to her sisters class at school. This year they celebrated virtually!
Montclair Gardens Apartments