November 13 is World Kindness Day! Why do we celebrate World Kindness Day?
World Kindness Day is to highlight good deeds in the community focusing on the positive power and the common thread of kindness which binds us. Kindness is a fundamental part of the human condition which bridges the divides of race, religion, politics, gender, and zip codes.
- Compliment the first three people you talk to.
- Write a kind note to a teacher.
- Say good morning to strangers on the street.
- Pick up litter in your community or in your local park.
- Place uplifting notes in library books, restroom mirrors, on someone's locker, or on their desk.
- If you’re going to be on social media, post some uplifting quotes, comment on your friends photos and compliment them!
- Pay for a stranger’s coffee!
- Leave a generous tip.
- Send flowers to a friend just because.
- Stop what you are doing and call/text/email someone simply to tell them how awesome they are.
“Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” —Princess Diana
Montclair Gardens Apartments